Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Jardin du Tuileries, Paris 75001

A lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon in Paris is at the Jardin du Tuileries zip code 75001. It is filled with sculptures, fountains, nymphs and flowers. It is smack dab between the Louvre Museum and Place de la Concorde. After, you can walk down Rue du Rivoli to check out the architecture, or head to the Champs Elysées to check out the Arc de Triomphe. It is up to you. Either way you cut it, it will be sublime. Below are some pictures I took of the Garden, the Arc de Triomphe and the architecture on Rue de Rivoli during my afternoon in 75001 in Paris.

Note that this post was much longer and detailed and nice and the computer ate it when I tried to upload pics and so I am very perturbed and so now, you get this awful truncated version because I have kinda lost my zest and zeal to recreate all that historical stuff about Queen Catherine de Medici and Napoleon and their influence on the creation of the garden, and of course, My dear Marie Antoinette. Her last days were around these parts so no wonder I have never fully warmed up to this garden as beautiful as it is. But maybe its for the best I lost the original draft because I am not a historian and what the heck do I really know about this stuff anyways?

But yea. It was a very nice Saturday afternoon -especially the garden aspect of things and I took a bunch of pictures and I share them with you below. Enjoy.

Arc de Triomphe at the other end of the Champs Elysées

Sculpture in the Jardin du Tuileries








At the fountains in the Jardin du Tuileries



Me trying to look cute in the Jardin du Tuileries



A tourist in the garden taking snapshots


I thought this guy looked like a poem










Architecture on Rue Rivoli





Louvre

Louvre - Police in mobilization against the "Yellow Jackets"

I thought this was an impressive piece of architecture on Rue Rivoli

This is a theatre near the Sénat. I forgot the name but this is the back view





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ode to my little Flat in Vanves, France

So, I thought I would blog about my flat, my petite studio (it's really more like a room if you want to...