Saturday, September 29, 2018

It's Saturday Again. How Did That Happen???

It's Saturday, the last one in October, year 2018, and I am here in my little flat, taking it easy. It is day 2 of the monthly cauchmar and so, you know how that goes. I just thank god it was classy enough to come on the weekend. These days, when it comes, I can't go to work because I am completely unable to manage all the moving parts. I mean, all bets are off, it's just better if I stay home and let nature do its thing. Know what I mean? TMI? Sorry….;:)

So where am I with this experience? I have been painting but not as much as I would like. For several reasons. One is the space issue. It is a wet blanket. I have lots of ideas but I can't bring all those canvases into the flat because I cannot circumnavigate the space when there are so many things in it and I know myself. At first, it would be cute and funny but after, not so funny and I will start to just throw stuff through the window. Cause I gotta stay sane and clear headed….


But I have been working on a few things including a peniche on the Seine and this other one that is supposed to be a sunset hitting the Musée D'Orsay in Paris.  Both are fails; I know. The sunset is particularly a spectacular failure but the good thing is, neither is finished and I can keep tinkering with them till I get them right. It could take years, of course.

What else? Well, I arranged all my white tea cups and put them on top of my white armoire and I just think they are so cute!! Don't you agree?

I love decorating and decor and arranging my furniture and re-arranging my furniture. I think I have a good eye for this sort of stuff.  Which is why painting probably comes so easy to me. Not that I am saying I have any technique - especially from an academic standpoint. I don't have any academic technique/ But I do love it and I do think I am very creative with things like paint and decorative objects.

Well, that is all for now. I must go. And eat lunch. Which I just finished. Wish me bon appetit… and I wish you the same, of course…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ode to my little Flat in Vanves, France

So, I thought I would blog about my flat, my petite studio (it's really more like a room if you want to...