Friday, October 5, 2018

First Friday in October

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

What is a girl like me doing at home on a friday morning like this? I should be out working!!! Well, I am definitely underemployed at the moment but I would be lying if I said I didn't sort of like it in an illicit sort of way. No, I only don't like it at the end of the month when I have no money to  pay the landlord. But during the month? It is a perverse kind of bliss. I am free. I can do exactly as I want…while I pretend my husband is a billionaire who does not care that his wife is not bringing home the bacon since he does such a good job at it.

So, what am I doing exactly at this moment? Well, just got home. I had taken a short walk to the 14th arrondissement to get a new battery for a very old watch. I have had this watch for more than a decade.
It is a fake Gucci I picked up in Chinatown in New York literally 15 years ago. So the battery does not work and so it has been sitting in my stash for, like, ten years. So today I got fed up and decided to go get a battery. Then I came home and looked over my closet. It is a walk in closet. Literally, you walk into the flat and you are in my closet, aka, my walkway which doubles as an open-air receptacle for my clothes.

I love clothes. And jewelry. And stuff like that. I love to play dress up. I am a fashion addict. Did I mention that? More than painting, I think. I can't have too many clothes. Well, actually, I can. But I don't. These days, I think I do a better job at curating my wardrobe but that probably only is because I can't afford to do the kind of collateral damage clothes shopping I would normally be inclined to do, by virtue of the fact that I am an English teacher in Paris which basically means I am penniless and clothes is the last thing I can afford to splurge on when I can barely afford good proteins and vitamin supplements.

So, what else? Well, I am finishing up the multimedia pieces I embarked on the other day (you can see them ad nauseum on my Instagram page) because I need to put them up because a couple of my students will be here tomorrow to see my artwork and I have to give a good presentation. So I have been working feverishly to get these two pieces done.  I think they are both hot messes. But then again, I think that about all my stuff. So.

I guess it really does not matter all that much when you get right down to it.

And you? How is your life going? Are you as illicitly happy as you can be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ode to my little Flat in Vanves, France

So, I thought I would blog about my flat, my petite studio (it's really more like a room if you want to...