Sunday, October 14, 2018

Nice Weekend But Now I am Tired....

How tired do you think I am right now? Scale of one to ten? If you said eleven, you would be warm. It was a nice weekend but I think I am not used to it. I am a stay at home and paint kind of a girl. All of a sudden, it's like I am starting to have this social life where people are inviting me out and I am inclined to say yes and next thing you know, I actually seem like I have a "life" and I'm taking selfies of myself and putting them up on Instagram!

I put life in quotes because I never knew what that even meant. I think I have a great life, in my quiet little cocoon where I hide from all of life's monsters. But if you are not out and about and doing what the masses are doing, they say you don't have a life, and sometimes, you start to believe them, forgetting that you are quite content with your own existence as is. Not to say you can't go out from time to time but you can't call that a "life" and dismiss your regular. It is all a part of the fabric. Stay in, going out. All of it is life. Only dead people don't have lives. And I am not even sure if that is even true anymore. For all we know, it is when the party really begins…

So, the day is done and so I can't spend too much time blogging as I have tons of things to do that I normally do on Sundays. But it was a nice day.
I met a friend in Versailles and we went to see the Louis XIV stables where they keep all the carriages from the 17th Century and beyond. It was very nice but I did not see any carriages for Marie Antoinette so I was a little disappointed. Then we had a little café and I made my way back home in the middle of the afternoon. By that time, I was hungry so I cooked myself two fish with a few Brussel sprouts and another sea creature but I don't know the name of it. I specifically bought it because it looked weird.

Did I paint today? No, not exactly. I probably won't do a new canvass till the middle of the week as I have to prioritize a few other things as I have a very busy week ahead for which I am wholly unprepared.  But I did do a few pages of Camille. I decided to make Chapter 18 into a prologue because I think it is more interesting if it comes at the beginning. I am now up to 109 pages and I gotta say, it is a little bit exciting, this story. When I'm done, I think I am going to try really seriously to get it published. It would make a great movie, I think.

And you? How was your weekend? Did you have a lot of fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ode to my little Flat in Vanves, France

So, I thought I would blog about my flat, my petite studio (it's really more like a room if you want to...