Wednesday, August 29, 2018

My little flat is getting overrun by my paintings


I think I paint too much. At any given moment I have six or more works in progress going on. It is totally crazy and I feel like I am on the verge of some kind of existential event because where is this coming from, you know?

 I just love the aspect of "play" that painting affords me. And I am really proud of myself for being brave enough to take up a hobby like this.  But when your flat is the size of a matchbox, where do you put it all?

I am constantly re-arranging furniture trying to make it all fit but I think I will soon need a bigger flat. Which is too bad cause I really love my flat in spite of how tiny it is.
 I mean, I have things piled up in corners and it is harder and harder to open the front door to get in and out of the apartment because of all my painting.
I can't even have guests, or god forbid, a lover in this place. Which is a little bit tragic, as far as the latter aspect, I think. Don't you agree?

So this is my new blue coffee chair. I sit here and have a cup of coffee or chicorée each morning and I contemplate the day. How can I get through it? How can I survive? Most days I hardly know where my next meal is coming from but I somehow always manage to surround myself with things that make me feel very rich. Like my art. And books about Coco Chanel. And, of course, Marie Antoinette. That girl is my muse. I love her and I do not apologize. She inspires me to be more glam, more daring and more creative every single day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ode to my little Flat in Vanves, France

So, I thought I would blog about my flat, my petite studio (it's really more like a room if you want to...