Friday, August 31, 2018

This Work in Progress (I mentioned it yesterday) is inspired by Paris and other things

So, obviously, I live in Paris at the moment and it is where most of the art I have created so far was created. It should be noted that I began painting 7 years ago in San Antonio Texas, because I thought the sunsets were unbearably beautiful and I felt compelled to try to capture them in a painting. So a lot of the first things I did were sunsets. And boats. I painted a lot of boats as I am obsessed with boats and water scenes.

Shortly after I began painting in San Antonio, I left for Paris and ended up staying for many, many years. In Paris, I did not start painting right away. Maybe about a couple of years after I arrived is when I finally bought some paint and brushes and an easel. I first did a portrait of Marie Antoinette (I am obsessed with Marie Antoinette) which I can show you in the next post. It has morphed and evolved and changed over the years. Right now, I have it on a blue background but I can't tell you how many other colors I have used on this.

Suffice to say for this post, I just want to show you the 3 paintings I am working on which will be a series. I could decide to do more than 3 in this series as I find that I enjoy it a lot. As I said they are inspired by Paris but there is more to it than just Paris. It is a complex mash up of Paris and other things and thoughts.

What do you think? Remember these are all first drafts. I am not done yet. But I blasted them out just for kicks.

Acrylic
50 cm by 65 cm
19.5 in X 24 in


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ode to my little Flat in Vanves, France

So, I thought I would blog about my flat, my petite studio (it's really more like a room if you want to...