Friday, August 31, 2018

The Nudes


So I just finished painting the first draft of a series of nudes. There are five pieces in this series. Well, actually, this is not really a series. It is one work with five parts if that makes any sense. 5 canvases but the same work. Called The Nudes. Wanna see?

Well, I won't upload them all because I don't think it is the appropriate way to show them. One of them in particular is a bit naughty. At least, for me. I am not usually very comfortable with nudity so I am not even sure what came over me.  I think for anyone these would be a bit risqué. Why did I do it? I felt like, you know what, the human body is what it is. I have a body and I don't have to be afraid of it and be a stranger to how it looks. I can embrace all aspects of the human form. But did I overreach? Yes, maybe.  It is so bad that I have decided if ever I have visitors, I will hide this particular series. They may get the wrong idea and judge me and I don't like that.

But. I will upload just one of the five pieces. I think it is not so naughty as the money shot one. The latter, I sent by email to my sister to ask her thoughts. The first question was "you're not sending this to dad, correct?" As if I would ever do something as uncouth as that!



 Still, if it was ok for Rodin, surely, it should be ok for me, no?

Oh, right. Rodin was a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ode to my little Flat in Vanves, France

So, I thought I would blog about my flat, my petite studio (it's really more like a room if you want to...