Monday, January 7, 2019

A Walk in the 14th District of Paris




Yesterday, I took a walk in the 14th to go to the parc. I believe it is called Parc Montsouris? I used to go there all the time when I lived next door to it but now I have moved so I don't go that often. But yesterday, I thought I would stretch my legs a little bit and get a brisk walk so that I can think of ideas and my goals and plans and life and paintings-yet-to-be-painted, and stuff like that. I can only think while I am walking. I am weird like that. If I have a big decision to make or if I am stressed about something and need to figure out a solution, I have to take a walk. My mind relaxes and then opens up when I walk and I always come back with ideas and solutions. Nothing is ever so bad after a walk. So, I took a walk and took in the architecture and wildlife. So beautiful. There is so much to see in Paris, even just a mundane walk in the 14th.  I am so lucky that I am able to experience this. I love checking out the architecture in Paris. There is just so much to see even on a simple walk through the 14th which is not considered to be particularly interesting as far as districts go in Paris. But I always find something to marvel at and appreciate. I do not take it for granted at all...


By the time I got back home, I was a new woman, ready to face all the challenges of the day, week and year ahead. Below are some pictures I took of the scenery and architecture and wildlife.



































Time for your next move, Miss Lewis...Lemon tea, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ode to my little Flat in Vanves, France

So, I thought I would blog about my flat, my petite studio (it's really more like a room if you want to...