Sunday, January 20, 2019

"Shades of Grey" I've Got 4 Paintings in Progress in this Series


Oh my goodness. Where is all this paint gonna take me? It is so hard to protect the flat from my impulses. It is so small and cramped and white, and I insist on painting in this environment, and I try hard not to get paint on everything but it is getting increasingly difficult. Today I found paint on my pot handle. My precious, precious pot. I thought, "wt---! How did that happen? When did it happen? How come I did not see it happening??"

I've got paint even in my hair. And my body. Like my arms and legs. I am submerged, immersed and inundated in paint. How could this possibly end well? Right?

Well, I just took a break to make lunch (pasta!) and I ate and now, I have to turn off my mobile (I was on Instagram with the works in progress and lunch and stuff) so I can focus on other things than Instagram and social media and blog posts and painting. This interval in my life is interesting but it does sap energy and it does occupy me in a way to the exclusion of other things. I don't even remember to call my parents sometimes because I am painting, blogging, instagramming or off on one of my adventures. You have to understand I was the kid that called home every single day. So this is definitely a new normal.

So yea. I have the four paintings going in the "Shades of Grey" series. And I am going to wrap that up and go do something with my hair. Henna. I've got to do some henna on my hair. Then there is the question of laundry that has to get done, some house cleaning, and some planning for the week.

Tomorrow I am tentatively on schedule to go on a little adventure although, let's see how that works out. If I miss my alarm, I will not be able to go. I would have to be out of the flat by 7 to make it work so that I am not late for my afternoon gigs.

Um...what else? Um...I don't know. I guess that is all for today. Here are the four pieces I am working on at the moment. What are your thoughts?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Ode to my little Flat in Vanves, France

So, I thought I would blog about my flat, my petite studio (it's really more like a room if you want to...